History & Scope of Operations
Headquartered in Scotland UK, and with over 80 staff based at its headquartersand international sales offices, Exterity extends its global reach through theStreamForce program of technically innovative channel partners.
Exterity systems are deployed globally by some of the most recognized brands in the world, enabling the distribution of broadcast quality digital TV and video over IP networks to an unlimited number of end points. With centralized management,configuration and control, Exterity solutions support large volumes of content anddevices without compromising system performance or availability.
Products & Systems
Exterity is a market leading provider of IP video technology that helps organizations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. Our end-to-end solutions enable you to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, live or on demand, to any connected device via your existing network. From corporate, finance and education, to hospitality,remote facilities, stadia and healthcare, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions.
Efficient single and dual-channel encoding over IP
Exterity Encoders stream live and pre-recorded video and audio over an IP network, creating a single channel from the output of a wide range of sources, including digital cameras, set-top boxes, digital signage systems and personal computers. Flexible and easy to use, AvediaStream Encoders integrate seamlessly with any Exterity IP video solution or industry-standard equipment. Encoders can also be enhanced with system management, monitoring and control from the Exterity AvediaServer, which provides an easy way to control content delivery to each individual screen
Benefits of Exterity Encoders include:
- Take any source and make a channel available on the network alongside live broadcast channels
- Supports MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/ H.264 encoding
- Supports stream options from multicast UDP to HLS or RTSP
- Up to 1080p encoding
- Low latency with full multicast delivery
- Provide IR out to facilitate optional control of AV sources via the IP network
- Deliver complete end-to-end content protection to adhere to broadcaster and content provider security requirements
Centralized IP video system management with recording, content storage and playback
The Exterity AvediaServer is the central hub for managing your IP video system. It provides the ability to monitor and control all Exterity devices from one place, ensuring that TV and video content is successfully delivered.
AvediaServer delivers the content viewers want, when they want it. This is achieved via recording live TV for later playback, as well as providing Video on Demand. AvediaServer can also import assets such as training videos and movies, which can be distributed as Video on Demand or as play channels.
Benefits of AvediaServer include:
- Centralized control over all Exterity products, simplifying system maintenance
- Efficient system management, saving system administrators time and effort
- Monitor channels to ensure content is being successfully added to the network
- Provide viewers with a library of video content to select and view
- Deliver content to suit the viewer’s schedule, with Video on Demand, providing a more convenient and personalized experience
- Centrally record channels which are automatically made available for playback and more
- Content can be easily backed up for peace of mind that nothing will be lost
- Customizable interface provided by Artio middleware
Any content, any device, anywhere
Exterity AvediaStream Transcoders are high performance content transformation tools that enable content to be easily converted into a compatible format for delivery to the users preferred viewing device, whether that’s a TV/display screen, a computer or a mobile device. Exterity AvediaStream Transcoders are high performance content transformation tools that enable content to be easily converted into a compatible format for delivery to the users preferred viewing device, whether that’s a TV/display screen, a computer or a mobile device. The Exterity AvediaStream Transcoder range caters for a broad range of streaming requirements and is capable of off-line (file-to-file) transcoding, live transcoding and streaming.
Benefits of AvediaStream Transcoders include:
- Enable real-time delivery of video and audio content to any device, keeping end users up to date and entertained, wherever they are
- Extend the reach of enterprise IP video by distributing audiovisual content to a broad range of devices
- Stream an unlimited number of high definition TV channels to mobile devices – without consuming internet bandwidth
Stream hundreds of live TV and radio channels throughout your organization over IP networks
AvediaStream TVgateways capture live digital TV and radio from any terrestrial, satellite or cable source and stream it directly across an IP network. TVgateways supply multiple channels at any resolution, including 4K, from a single blade, delivering low cost and power consumption per channel.
Exterity TVgateways provide high density and extended functionality. A single gateway unit can deliver all Freeview channels from eight different multiplexes.
Benefits of Exterity TVgateways include:
- Support the widest range of digital TV standards: DVB-T/T2, DVB-C/C2, DVB-S/S2, ATSC, Clear QAM, ASI
- Support 4K/Ultra HD/HEVC broadcast streams
- Deliver complete content protection to help match broadcaster or security requirements.
- De-scramble encrypted content using standard Conditional Access Modules (CAMs)
- Hassle free, intuitive setup and an easy to manage web interface offer extensive control and monitoring
- Blade into Chassis design provides a highly reliable modular solution with ‘Hot Swapping’ ability
- Reliable and energy efficient power consumption per channel
Please note that AvediaStream TVgateway blades must be installed in an AvediaStream Chassis.